As hard as it may be to believe, New Year’s is but a memory and holiday-laden February is just ahead. Are you using the calendar to inspire your Lifecycle Marketing Campaign? In February alone we will celebrate Groundhog Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Presidents’ Day, Valentine’s Day, Black History Month and American Heart Month. Each of these holidays and observances lends itself to some type of communication from you and even if you don’t have anything specific to share, each is a great excuse to be in touch with your customers.
Here are three reasons it’s important to maintain a Lifecycle Marketing Campaign (or launch one if you don’t already have one in place).
- Every time you send an invoice or bill to your customer, you’ve opened the door to a one-on-one conversation. Take advantage of it. Transactional documents are open and read 97% of the time according to InfoTrends. That makes your monthly invoice or statement the perfect place to include a targeted message because it’s almost guaranteed to be read.
- It’s easy. Simply put it’s delivering the right message, at the right time, through the right channel, to the right customer. But you think you’re too small a company to implement or maintain a Lifecycle Marketing Campaign? No you’re not. All it takes is some time and effort and you’ll be amazed at what you’ll get in return.
- You already have these customers on board. You want to keep them, right? Use the calendar as a way to stay in touch with them throughout the year. Pick any of the upcoming holidays and give your customers a reason to celebrate. Don’t feel like using the calendar. How about sending out a survey to get customer input? Since part of the reason you’re staying in touch is to keep them, it’s good to know how they feel about your company and if you’re meeting their expectations.
From welcome postcards to calendar inserts to win-back programs, lifecycle marketing can help you grow and nurture long-term relationships with your customers.
The results are in! “Greenery” has been named the color of the year for 2017. Last week the Pantone Color Institute®, the global color authority and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, announced the “fresh and zesty” color as the perfect representation of our hopes for the coming year. This choice of color is based on the need for reunification as a country and as a world during a tense political climate. Pantone explains that this color is always present when bold change is occurring, when grass starts to grow again and trees take root. Interestingly, this color also tends to manifests itself when the world is ready for a massive social change.
Color is a powerful communication tool and its effects should be taken advantage of and maximized. What better way to get the year started off on the right foot then by working with your billing company to choose the right colors to get your message across? Your billing company has plenty of color options, so take advantage and reach your customers in the subconscious language of color. According to Xerox Corporation, color increases readers’ attention span by 82 percent and improves reading comprehension by 73 percent. Get 2017 started off on the right foot with deliberate use of color.
After a week that included Thanksgiving sales, Black Friday sales, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday sales, #GivingTuesday and holiday messages galore, it’s time to make sure your communications are strong and impactful. Everyone is so used to flashy messages grabbing their attention and piquing their interest that a standard white envelope and invoice just won’t measure up. It’s time to pull out all the stops and roll out your next invoice with all the bells and whistles.
Your regular invoice provides you with great communication opportunities and it would be a waste not to take advantage of the 97% open and read rate on your monthly invoice with opportunities like Dynamic Messaging, Additional Messaging Page, Inserts, Envelope Messaging and so much more.
Dynamic Messaging along with Additional Messaging Page help you to engage your customers with different formats and designs to make sure your message is received loud and clear. Sending inserts allows you to place key promotional information with your invoice and show your customers that you care. Envelope Messaging gives you the ability to grab attention the moment the invoice arrives.
But the key isn’t just to use these services, the key is to utilize the service, and the OSG Creative Studio is here to help you stand out! Our team combines fresh ideas and the latest technology with proven design methods to develop a customer communication solution that meets your unique needs. With their help, you can send a message that will truly be impactful and remembered.
Brrr! It’s getting colder outside and though the snow hasn’t fallen just yet, a steaming cup of hot cocoa would definitely hit the spot. Without a snowstorm to enhance the hot cocoa though, we’ll have to think of something else to keep warm – a dynamic workout perhaps? But who has the time (or motivation) for that? Why not just take advantage of Dynamic Messaging instead?
Just like a dynamic workout changes a regular workout from boring to exciting, with OSG Dynamic Messaging you can transform your ordinary invoice or statement into a highly-customized customer touchpoint using full-color technology. And unlike with the chilly weather, you have total control over how you want your message to look! Not only that, if you find yourself running out of room on the invoice, have no fear because with Envelope Messaging and Additional Messaging Page Inserts, you have additional opportunities to effectively communicate whatever message you want to your customers in an exciting and vibrant way.
So hurry up and use Dynamic Messaging before it’s time to curl up by the fireplace with your mug of hot chocolate.
This past weekend we changed our clocks. Not only did we gain an extra hour of sleep on Sunday, we also gave ourselves more daylight in the mornings and earlier sunsets in the evenings.
As long as we’re changing all the different clocks in our lives and checking our smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, what else needs checking and perhaps changing?
When’s the last time you did a full marketing materials review? Lifecycle marketing campaign review? Are all of your collateral pieces up to date? Do you have any outdated information on your website? Are your graphic standards and writing guides current?
If you can’t remember the last time you updated or reviewed any of these, this is a great time to do so. You don’t have to check all of them at once, but how about making an end-of-year resolution to try to review most of them before the end of the year? And if December 31 comes around and you haven’t managed to get to all of them, add them to your New Year’s Resolutions for 2017.
Going through a marketing review once or twice a year is a great exercise for you and your team. You may find some things that need to be retired, updated or redesigned. But when you’re done, you’ll have a more cohesive look and feel representing your company.
In business, the idea of a failing customer communications program can be frightening. In today’s fast-paced world, you only have a moment to get your customer’s attention and multiple mailings can be costly and end up turning customers off.
Research shows that regular and consistent customer communication programs help build loyalty and trust. But in a world of seemingly infinite information, how can you create an effective program using integrated communications that engages customers along several key touchpoints? Here are few options to ensure your program is comprehensive enough to meet your customer communication goals:
- Dynamic Full Color Messaging. Enhancing invoices with targeted, customized messaging can transform them into powerful marketing and communications tools during every billing cycle. Up-sell and cross-sell products and services using the valuable real estate already available on your monthly invoices.
- Envelope Messaging. Making a good first impression is one of the most important aspects of any communications campaign. Immediately engage and capture your customer’s attention with full color messages on the outer envelope that will highlight and reinforce the messaging inside.
- Electronic Messaging. Creating branded email blasts and newsletters will help you utilize the customer data you already have and turn them into a powerful marketing tool. Additionally, an online, dynamic electronic billing portal gives you the opportunity to engage your customers where they likely spend a majority of their time: online.
- Lifecycle Marketing. Implementing programs like welcome, win-back and new member programs, calendar inserts and other types of promotional programs are turn-key solutions that help you improve customer retention and take advantage of events throughout the year.
So, have no fear. Dynamic, integrated and creative customer communications programs are easier to implement than you think. Working with the an experienced provider, you can seamlessly integrate your billing processing into a communications program that helps capture attention, drive revenue, create customer loyalty and increase brand awareness.
We’ve talked about it before but it’s worth repeating. Did you know that transactional documents like your monthly invoice have a 97 percent open and read rate? Today, when people are receiving emails, text, tweets and updates at an unbelievable speed, that’s an amazing number. Are you taking advantage of the messaging opportunities on your monthly invoice? It’s not only a vehicle to tell your customers how much money they owe and a recap of their charges, it’s also prime real estate to place carefully-targeted messages to your customers. You can use it to reinforce your branding, cross-sell or up-sell new products or services, announce a sale or promotion or just offer a public service announcement. And you can change the message each month. Turn your monthly invoice into a powerful marketing and communication tool by using features such as Full Color Dynamic Messaging and Envelope Messaging.
Full Color Dynamic Messaging allows you to incorporate full color images into your invoice as well as modify fonts and insert bulleted text, which in turn, allows you to create targeted, customized messages for your customers to see when they view your monthly invoice or statement.
Envelope Messaging reinforces the messaging on the invoice inside the envelope. It allows you to capture the recipient’s attention right off the bat. It’s also a great way to boost your cross-selling and up-selling potential and maximize your marketing efforts.
If you’re not already incorporating Dynamic Messaging into your invoice and/or envelope, this might be a good time to start. You’ll be glad you did.