By Guest Author, Ashley Sherrow, OSG Manager of Production Graphics
Did you know that a dynamic message on an invoice or statement is a designated area that allows you connect directly with your audience? It’s your monthly opportunity to relay a specific message to your customer. And since research tells us that invoices are opened 97 percent of the time, you are virtually guaranteed of having your message read.
Using a little bit of creativity you can create a message that is eye-catching, colorful and informative. The OSG data-driven application, Campaign Composer, gives you full transpromotional marketing capabilities that compliment your statement or invoice package.
So what do you need to do?
First you’ll want to compose your message.
- You can do this using design programs such as InDesign or Illustrator. Designing your message in one of these programs makes the design process easy. Also, since these are the same programs we use in the OSG Creative Studio, should you need help, we can guide you through either of these programs to help you get the message you need created.
- Tip: If you are designing multiple messages within an area, it is a good idea to separate the messages with a thin line between each message, or a border around each message.
- This space provides a great opportunity to cross-sell and up-sell your services or even your customer’s services. Not sure what to feature? Think about deals, sales, promotions or even important messages you want to share with your customers.
Next, as long as you’re designing a bill or invoice, why not create a whole invoice package? You can coordinate by utilizing other OSG communications tools such as Envelope Messaging, Additional Message Page and OSG Inserts.
You’ll want to be sure you’re designing your message to its full potential. To ensure this, here are some things to pay attention to:
- Is the message sized correctly so that it will fit into the message space on the bill?
- How will your message look on the invoice/statement? Make sure your messages blend in with the colors and style of your invoice/statement.
- Have you used imagery and colors to your advantage?
- Choose bright colored images and text that will stand out and grab your audience’s attention.
- Remember, less is more – you don’t need to plaster the message area with tons information. Short and sweet. Then direct the customer to a website for them to gather more information.
This weekend is Selection Sunday. You know what that means! Tourney Time is upon us. What that also means is that employers can expect to see a slight dip in productivity this month. According to a study by employment consulting firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas, nearly 2.5 million people devote over an hour of each workday to following the NCAA Tournament. So that’s an hour you’re not actually spending on work. To help your productivity we’ve pulled together three easy ways for you to maximize the effectiveness of your invoice or statement package.
- Add an insert to your next invoice or statement package mailing. They fit easily into your mailing and provide cost-effective one-to-one marketing to your customer base. Don’t have one? Not to worry, the OSG Creative Studio can design one for you.
- Add a Full Color Dynamic Message to your invoice or statement. Your readers are already looking at your invoice statement. Why not add a message unique to them on the invoice as well? A recent Pitney Bowes study found that color increases reader’s attention by 82 percent.
- The invoice isn’t the only colorful part of your invoice or statement package. Are you taking advantage of Full Color Envelope Messaging? That same Pitney Bowes study found that 69 percent of the study participants were more likely to open an envelope with color or graphics on the front than those without. Take a look at your envelopes and see if they could use a splash of color.
By implementing some or all of these ideas you can end up being the winning team and enjoy a championship season.
The results are in! “Greenery” has been named the color of the year for 2017. Last week the Pantone Color Institute®, the global color authority and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, announced the “fresh and zesty” color as the perfect representation of our hopes for the coming year. This choice of color is based on the need for reunification as a country and as a world during a tense political climate. Pantone explains that this color is always present when bold change is occurring, when grass starts to grow again and trees take root. Interestingly, this color also tends to manifests itself when the world is ready for a massive social change.
Color is a powerful communication tool and its effects should be taken advantage of and maximized. What better way to get the year started off on the right foot then by working with your billing company to choose the right colors to get your message across? Your billing company has plenty of color options, so take advantage and reach your customers in the subconscious language of color. According to Xerox Corporation, color increases readers’ attention span by 82 percent and improves reading comprehension by 73 percent. Get 2017 started off on the right foot with deliberate use of color.
Brrr! It’s getting colder outside and though the snow hasn’t fallen just yet, a steaming cup of hot cocoa would definitely hit the spot. Without a snowstorm to enhance the hot cocoa though, we’ll have to think of something else to keep warm – a dynamic workout perhaps? But who has the time (or motivation) for that? Why not just take advantage of Dynamic Messaging instead?
Just like a dynamic workout changes a regular workout from boring to exciting, with OSG Dynamic Messaging you can transform your ordinary invoice or statement into a highly-customized customer touchpoint using full-color technology. And unlike with the chilly weather, you have total control over how you want your message to look! Not only that, if you find yourself running out of room on the invoice, have no fear because with Envelope Messaging and Additional Messaging Page Inserts, you have additional opportunities to effectively communicate whatever message you want to your customers in an exciting and vibrant way.
So hurry up and use Dynamic Messaging before it’s time to curl up by the fireplace with your mug of hot chocolate.
In business, the idea of a failing customer communications program can be frightening. In today’s fast-paced world, you only have a moment to get your customer’s attention and multiple mailings can be costly and end up turning customers off.
Research shows that regular and consistent customer communication programs help build loyalty and trust. But in a world of seemingly infinite information, how can you create an effective program using integrated communications that engages customers along several key touchpoints? Here are few options to ensure your program is comprehensive enough to meet your customer communication goals:
- Dynamic Full Color Messaging. Enhancing invoices with targeted, customized messaging can transform them into powerful marketing and communications tools during every billing cycle. Up-sell and cross-sell products and services using the valuable real estate already available on your monthly invoices.
- Envelope Messaging. Making a good first impression is one of the most important aspects of any communications campaign. Immediately engage and capture your customer’s attention with full color messages on the outer envelope that will highlight and reinforce the messaging inside.
- Electronic Messaging. Creating branded email blasts and newsletters will help you utilize the customer data you already have and turn them into a powerful marketing tool. Additionally, an online, dynamic electronic billing portal gives you the opportunity to engage your customers where they likely spend a majority of their time: online.
- Lifecycle Marketing. Implementing programs like welcome, win-back and new member programs, calendar inserts and other types of promotional programs are turn-key solutions that help you improve customer retention and take advantage of events throughout the year.
So, have no fear. Dynamic, integrated and creative customer communications programs are easier to implement than you think. Working with the an experienced provider, you can seamlessly integrate your billing processing into a communications program that helps capture attention, drive revenue, create customer loyalty and increase brand awareness.
Back in 1492, Christopher Columbus set out to discover a new continent and landed in America. Sometimes you can make great discoveries in the most unlikely of places. You too can be a great explorer and uncover the possibilities within your monthly invoice.
Each month you have the opportunity to include targeted messages to your customers. Using Full Color Dynamic Messaging you can incorporate full color images into your invoice as well as modify fonts and insert bulleted text, which in turn, allows you to create targeted, customized messages for your customers to see when they view your monthly invoice or statement.
This month it might be a Breast Cancer Awareness public service announcement and next month it might be a Thanksgiving discount. Or maybe you have a new product or service you want to let your customers know about. With Full Color Dynamic Messaging you can keep your customers in the know. And a great benefit of this service is that you can change the message from month to month.
You’ve got the tools. Now go ahead and see what great discoveries you can unearth.
Believe it or not, fall is coming. The Pantone Color Institute®, the global color authority and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, has been prepared for months, and issued their Fall 2016 Color Guide. According to Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, “The desire for tranquility, strength, and optimism have inspired a Fall 2016 color palette that is led by the Blue family. Along with anchoring earth tones, exuberant pops of vibrant colors also appear throughout the collections… Blue skies represent constancy as they are always above us. Grays give a feeling of stability, Red tones invite confidence and warmth, while the hot Pinkish Purples and Spicy Mustard Yellows suggest a touch of the exotic.”
Just like The Pantone Color Institute, those of us who are involved in billing, understand how important color is to our critical customer communications. When used strategically throughout an invoice or statement package, color has proven to help customers find critical information, encourage action and identify your brand.
Are you incorporating color into your critical customer communications and taking full advantage of the color opportunities in your invoice/statement package whether digital or print? From the company website to the company emails to the mailing envelope to the invoice/statement itself to any additional message pages or inserts, you have the ability to use color to draw attention to important information. Take full advantage of the opportunity you get each month to directly communicate with your customers through your invoice or statement package. Use color for dynamic messaging, full color envelope messaging or colorful inserts to enhance your message.
According to Xerox Corporation, color increases readers’ attention span by 82 percent. It also improves reading comprehension by 73 percent. And a recent Pitney Bowes study found that 69 percent of the study participants were more likely to open an envelope with color or graphics on the front than those without.
Harness the power of color. You’ll be glad you did.