Customer Experience – the buzzword, the myth, the legend. In honor of Customer Service Week, we’ve gathered our top ten favorite quotes that illuminate, elucidate and explicate everything that is the customer experience.
- “The customer’s perception is your reality.” – Kate Zabriskie
- “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.” – Steve Jobs
- “Customer service is the experience we deliver to our customer. It’s the promise we keep to the customer. It’s how we follow through for the customer. It’s how we make them feel when they do business with us.” – Shep Hyken
- “Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them.” – Kevin Stirtz
- “If you’re not connecting with the people in your organization, you’ll never deliver the experience that you want for your customers.” — Lynn Skoczelas
- “Whatever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it, they will want to come back and see you do it again, and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.” – Walt Disney
- “Customer service should not be a department. It should be the entire company.” – Tony Hsieh
- “You can’t transform something you don’t understand. If you don’t know and understand what the current state of the customer experience is, how can you possibly design the desired future state?” — Annette Franz
- “If you are not taking care of your customers, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
- “Exceptional customer experiences are the only sustainable platform for competitive differentiation.” – Kerry Bodine
Customer Service Week may be a holiday in October, but when a company is able to create a customer-centric strategy that utilizes and incorporates relevant, engaging interactions, it exists all year long.