Tomorrow is Earth Day, a day created 46 years ago for us to focus on what we can do to help preserve the earth. According to the Earth Day Network, this year the focus of Earth Day is the urgent need to plant new trees and forests worldwide.
This is a great opportunity to gather your employees together to do something fun as well as positive for the environment. And you’ll be surprised at what a morale booster it can be as well.
What are some things you can do as a company for Earth Day?
- Stop and think. Do you really need to print out a copy of that email or is a digital copy enough?
- If you do need to print something out, how about printing it back-to-back and save on the amount of paper you’re using?
- Plan a day of tree planting, especially in light of this year’s focus.
- If your office doesn’t already recycle, start a recycling program.
- Create a “Go Green” committee to see what else your company can do year-round to help the environment.
Let’s all do our part to help protect the planet. For every company and every individual what that is will be different. But no effort is too small. Even something as simple as using a reusable lunch bag and filling up your water bottle instead of buying a new bottle can make a difference.
We’d love to hear what your Earth Day plans are. Comment here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org